Hey Windy City, can you believe it? It’s March already! We’ve got a jam-packed month ahead with tons of ways for you to get involved! We’re kicking off spring cleaning with the Mari Kondo Method for your house and the Windy City Spring Clean & Lean Challenge for your body. Be on the lookout for a St Patty’s Day workout, an inhouse Olympic Weightlifting Mock Meet, a specialty Overhead Squat clinic, and Free Sunday Yoga with Lily. And another inspiring AOM who rocks it with the 5:30 am crew on the regular, any guesses? All that and more below, check it out!
Keep livin' BIG!
- Be Clutter-Free in 2020
There's going to be a home organizing presentation on the KonMari method by Kammy (Mary Lee, long time member) just in time for some spring cleaning.
When: Saturday, March 7th at 10:45am
- St. Patty's Day Themed Workout
Bring a friend, put on your best green outfits and come workout with us for a fun St. Patrick’s Day themed partner workout! Expect some Shamrock Shuffles, Leprechaun Leaps, and Blarney Stone Burpees! Green beers and hangs after the workout!!
When: Saturday, March 14th at 8:00am and 9:30am classes
- Oly Mock Meet
Reign Body Fuel will be here giving out samples all morning long.
When: Saturday, March 28th at 10am
- The Windy City Spring Clean & Lean Challenge is here!
March 21st–May 2nd $99 for members only. This 6 week clean and lean program is based on one goal: EAT REAL FOOD! Private Facebook group with daily lessons, multiple meal and shake guides to help you head into summer feeling and looking better than you ever have before.
- Overhead Squat Clinic with Dr. Kelly Benfey from Rally Physical Therapy
When: Saturday, March 21st at 12:30 pm.
$15 for members | $25 for nonmembers
- March Yoga Dates
March 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th sponsored by Joe Burke at Guaranteed Rate at 12:30 with Lily! Free for everyone.
Eventbrite Signup | Facebook Signup
- Reserve your spot in class
We encourage everyone to sign up for your classes through the ZenPlanner app or website. This helps us keep track of capacity in classes so we can make sure there are enough coaches per class. Thanks for your cooperation!
One of our core beliefs at Windy City is to take small steps, celebrate each little victory and enjoy the process. In an effort to do just that, we would like to start celebrating member wins. If you have one, and you’d like to share, please email Steph.
In addition to these awesome PRs, we also had the following WINS last month:
- Jenna Quinn started her own coaching/counseling practice called Head First Health
- Miss Liz Cole stringing toe-to-bars together for the first time
- Chris Huss hit his first ring muscle up
- Alex Buckrucker hit his first ring muscle up
- Deadlift PR’s: Gail hit 265 in 8:30 class! Luke hit 335! Coach Bradley hit 445! Steve “OJ” hit 250! Shane hit 285! Jeannie hit 155! and Derek S hit 420 in noon class! Liz Cole 220, El 230, Brendon 285, Bridgid 175, Claire 135, Josh 310
- Big W for Keshav—lost 14 pounds and 3%BF on the 6 week kickstart
- Danny Hernandez casually hit 465 after asking what the high score for the day was lol!
- Theresa 285, Kevin M 417, George 325, Geovannie 235, Nate 230, Nur 285, Stephanie 250, Silvia 155, Nora 175, Edward 275, Diego 310, Irma 185, Larry 355, Brian 355, Carissa 265, Dyan 180, Taisha 165! 8 out of 9 people in 7:30 hit PR deadlift!
- Kevin Musiorski is down 10 pounds and 2 1/2 % BF. 6 week kick start. Just a start. The journey continues!
- Ajeet PRd snatch 92>101, CJ 125 > 130 on Monday and he is yet to miss!
- Ricardo El Hawi PRd his back squat! From 190 to 220!!!
Great job everyone—KEEP IT UP!!
ATHLETE OF THE MONTH
Pamela has a smile and spirit that you'll never forget. Hailing from a big family in Milwaukee, Pam joined us in 2017. Once a runner, and now a CrossFitter who loves a good challenge, you'll find her working out, working on the public health, working on her family with her husband, or working on her next travel plans. The theme? She loves to work, which is why she's our March athlete of the month. Congrats, Pamela! We love having you as part of our fit fam!!
STAFF FAVE FOUR
Here's a list of what we're loving and learning this month:
- Travis: Book I'm reading
Rich Dad, Poor Dad—Just like our physical bodies and investing our physical selves for the future, I want to prepare myself financially for the future. This book is smart, exciting, and fun to read. It has helped me with using my finances in the present and for the future.
- Kelly: Habit I'm trying
Tracking macros—I am learning that I am not eating enough to fuel my body. I can recover better and perform better with proper nutrition intake.
- Bradley: Clothing I'm wearing
Lumberjack chic. Ole Miss gym gear.
- Stephanie: Thing I'm loving
Meal Prepping—Not thinking about what I'm gonna eat and groaning about cooking when I'm already hungry has made my life so much easier.
ARTICLE OF THE MONTH
Exercise makes you happier than money, Yale and Oxford research suggests
- Exercise is more important for your mental health than your economic status, according to research from Yale and Oxford.
- While people who exercise regularly tend to feel bad for 35 days a year, nonactive people feel bad on average for 18 days more.
- The team also found that certain sports that involve socializing can have more of a positive effect on your mental health than others.
GET IN GEAR
Coming soon! New Windy City Baseball Tees
Keep an eye open for our new Windy City Livin' baseball tees, hitting the shelves in a few weeks! Limited sizes will be available in the store while supplies last.
PHOTOS FROM MY SWEATY VALENTINE